Welcome to MINDANAO PAGADIAN FRONTLINE Your Paperless and Independent News and Information Service based in Pagadian City EMAIL us: jongcadz@gmail.com or call/text at mobile number 09481487880 or 09159166261 for your news and articles submissions.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I will run as real public servant for change to better Basilan- Rabia Salapuddin


MY STATEMENT

RABIA A. SALAPUDDIN
Assalamu alaykum! Peace be with you! Alhamdulillah! All praises to Allah! On this day of my filing of my Certificate of Candidacy for Governor of Basilan Province in the forthcoming election of May 2013, honestly, I have never contemplated to get involve sooner in politics because I’m currently studying and I feel I’m still not competent to serve the public.

I am aware that there has been continuous demand from the people of Basilan for my father to run for Governor, which he courteously declined due to some legal impediments. Suddenly, I become the common choice of the people to run for Governor. When my father finally decided to tell me to run for Governor instead of him, the only thing I can say in reply was: "Are you serious? For real politics?" My father replied: "Yes, I am serious and it is the request of our people."

To the people of Basilan, after contemplating if this is the path God has chosen for me I finally accept the call and the challenge to run for Governor of our Province, I only wish to continue with the honored and distinguished tradition of my father - a public service of good governance and the politics of performance. I wish to emulate the numerous proud accomplishments of my father.

I am not him, but I am his daughter. I have witnessed his passion in serving the people of Basilan and for that he has always been my hero. Inspired by his distinguished public service to the people, if given the mandate by the people of Basilan, insha Allah, God willing, I will carry on the proud tradition and quality service of my father. His works will be my inspiration and guide in government and your interests shall be my primary duty and responsibility.

Now that I have accepted your call and the challenge from you, please support me if you want real change in governance and true reforms in public service. I am not running for personal gains or interest. I am running for you because you are thirsting for good governance and public service that makes the difference in the lives of our people.

Finally, I wish to thank all our supporters who continuously has trust in our family specially my father and who supported and encouraged me in this struggle. To our supporters, insha Allah, God willing, I will try my best to serve our people. To Allah (SWT), I wish to thank you for giving me the courage, wisdom, political will and determination, to throw my hat into the political arena in order to serve you because there is no other Basilan than this province. Wassalam! Thank you very much.

Inside Stories

Most Read Article

YOUR PAPERLESS and Independent NEWS and Information SERVICE
This NEWS BLOG is set up by MINDANAO PAGADIAN Frontline online editor JONG D. CADION for news archiving purposes and future references. Re-publication of news and photos from this BLOG need permission from the administrators. External links to other websites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein.